November 2015 Newsletter
Happy November! We have 5 things for you in this month's newsletter.
- "The benefits of gratitude start with the dopamine system, because feeling grateful activates the brain stem region that produces dopamine. Additionally, gratitude toward others increases activity in social dopamine circuits, which makes social interactions more enjoyable."
- Read this great article on the microbiome and how it can influence your perception of pain.
- This is one of Jon and Aaron's favorite exercises. Can your hip pronate and supinate? If it can't, there's a good chance that either your foot, knee, or lumbar spine is making up for it.
- Research shows that sleeping on your side improves waste removal from the brain.
- From our Acupuncturist - "Pine essential oil may support normal bone strength by helping to normalize bone turnover (the removal of old bone and release of bone minerals into the bloodstream, followed by replacement with new bone tissue)."
Check out our latest success story on our blog on a successful recovery from a microdiscectomy surgery.